Storage Units – Rules and Prohibited Items
For everyone’s safety and satisfaction, Clifton Rt 46 Self Storage enforces specific storage rules and prohibits certain items. Anyone who rents storage units at our Clifton, New Jersey, self-storage establishment is asked to review and abide by these storage policies, based on local and state regulations. You're required to sign an agreement to follow all policies before moving your items into a unit.
General Site Rules
- Occupants must furnish their own lock to secure their storage space.
- Smoking, alcohol use and firearms are prohibited at the storage facility.
- The owner reserves the right to limit hours of operation, inspect vehicles entering the premises and require occupants to verify their identity.
Certain activities are never allowed within our storage units, including:
- Any type of illegal activity.
- Any type of business activity.
- Working on cars, motorcycles, crafts, hobbies, etc.
- Playing music instruments of any kind.
- Any other uses deemed inappropriate by management or staff.
Other activities that may be allowed with written permission, include:
- Holding auctions, garage sales, flea markets or other public sales.
- Using electrical appliances or equipment in your unit or elsewhere on the premises.
- Storing items valued over $5,000.
- Subleasing any portion of your rented space.
- Alterations such as painting, drilling, cutting, etc.
- Any other uses approved by management.
You're never allowed to reside in your storage unit or store any living or previously living thing inside your storage unit, including plants and animals. You also can’t store items that are illegal or considered inherently dangerous or potentially noxious, including:
- Used tires
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Stolen merchandise
- Hazardous, radioactive or toxic waste material
- Anything flammable or combustible, including gas, oil, diesel, kerosene, propane tanks, compressed gas, fertilizers, paint, paint thinners, chemicals, etc.
- Perishable items or items that produce odors, including food
- Any item potentially detrimental to other tenants or the facility
- Any item deemed inappropriate by management or staff
If you’re unsure whether you’re allowed to store specific items, please speak to management prior to moving them into your storage unit.
Clifton Rt 46 Self Storage strives to provide all our customers with safe, affordable storage options. We offer storage units in a variety of sizes for short-term and long-term storage of your extra household or business goods. Contact us at 973-773-1300 to learn more about our available units or schedule a tour today!